In a letter to Crikey’s editor, VCAM Review Chair gives readers an update on the Review process.
Read the article here (starts page 3 of the PDF).
What are your thoughts?
- If you are a current student, did the University or VCAM Management make it clear to you that you had an extension to March 5 to send in your review submission? Noting it must go through the Student Union email@example.com (not via the usual VCAM Review email).
- Do you think concerns that the Review Committee includes Heads of School, the Deputy Dean and has only 2 out of 9 staff and students representatives elected to their position “feel very dated and irrelevant” as asserted by Ziggy? Ps did you know concerns about the Review Committee have been raised in the Victorian Parliament?
- If you are a current VCAM staff or student member, did you know consultations with “key stakeholders” had started yesterday? Where you offered a timeslot?
- Missing from Ziggy’s email is any specific mention of dedicated staff and student consultation sessions with the Review Committee. Are you aware of any provision being made for this? Will you ask to partake in the “full day forum” in March? Would you feel comfortable presenting to the Committee knowing the Heads of School and Deputy Dean are on the Review Committee?
- Do you believe criticism of the Review’s independence and processes is warranted? Or do you agree with Ziggy that such assertions are “uninformed and, frankly, insulting”?
- What’s your overall impression of the Review to date?
Send your feedback to Boss@crikey.com.au (if you are a current staff or student member, you can ask Crikey to withhold your name) and post below.
In other news, see the public post left today at the bottom of http://savevca.org/archives/682 by a VCA Staff member regarding how VCA may be affected by the “Towards 2011″ plan.